There are numerous reason to install night sights on your Glock. Some of which could save your life one day. This is why we feel you should learn how to do it yourself, and save a few bucks! Below is step by step instructions with images. Have fun, and safe shooting!
2) Night Sights
3) Lock Tight/Optional but recommended
4) Glock Front Sight Tool
5) Nylon Punch
7) Bench Vise with some sort of pad
1) Clear the weapon and make safe!
2) Disassemble your Glock, separating the slide from the frame. Remove your guide rod and barrel.
3) Take your Glock Front Sight Tool to the bolt on the front sight and twist counter clockwise, separating the bolt from the sight. Once separated pull the front sight off of the frame.
4) Replace the original front sight with the new font night sight.
Note: before installing put a drop of lock tight on the new bolt from your new night sight.
DO NOT- Use the factory Glock bolt to install your new sight!
5) Screw the new front sight on clockwise with the Glock Front Sight Tool.
DO NOT- Over tighten because you can easily strip the bolt!
6) Once the front sight is installed you may now put the slide in your Bench Vise and secure it.
Note: Make sure you have padding on the vise so you do not damage the slide!
7) Take your nylon punch and hammer to the base of your factory sight and start tapping it out so the sight will slide out.
9) Grab your new rear night sight, and slide it in as far as it can go. Once the rear sight is slid into place, grab your nylon punch and hammer then start tapping SOFTLY at the most base of the sight. If you tap to hard then you could possibly break the tritium vials inside and ruin your new night sight!
Note: Don’t be the guy that puts his rear sight in backwards.
11) Reassemble your Glock by inserting your barrel and guide rod then installing the slide back onto the frame.
Congratulations! You have now finished the installation of your new night sights!